Putco Chrome Hood Vent

Chrome and flash more your style? You rolling on 24”s or larger? You shine you ride regularly? Then this is the place!
ChipGall
Club Member

Putco Chrome Hood Vent

Post by ChipGall »

Hi ya'll....

I am considering replacing my black hood vent on my 2007 H3 and found the Putco chrome vent online.

Has anyone installed one of these? If so, is it simple and what is the quality like?

Any help is sincerely appreciated!!!! :)
Waldo
CHC Pilot

Re: Putco Chrome Hood Vent

Post by Waldo »

If I remember correctly the Putco piece is a simple stick on piece, it has 2 sided tape and lays on top of your existing grey hood vent.

If you're looking for a full replacement the only option as far as I know is a stainless steel piece, I can't remember who makes it, but it is pricey.
johnnyspikesH3
CHC Trail Guide

Post by johnnyspikesH3 »

Just buy handles from ebay. Looks way cooler.
<p>2014 JKU SAHARA , 3.6L AUTO ,4 INCH PRO COMP STAGE ONE WITH MX6 SHOCKS AND PC DUAL STABILIZERS, PRO COMP ADJUSTABLE TRACK BAR,RUBICON EXPRESS DROP CONTROL ARM BRACKETS 35.12.50-17 FIERCE ATTITUDE, 17x9 PRO COMP 7031 WHEELS,KC 6 INCH AND 5 INCH LIGHTS AND BRACKETS, WARRIOR REAR TIRE SPACER , SMITTYBILT SEAT COVERS. ROUGH COUNTRY STUBBY BUMPER , SMITTYBILT 10,000LB X20 WINCH, COAST FRONT DRIVE-SHAFT, DYNOMAX CAT BACK EXHAUST
ChipGall
Club Member

Post by ChipGall »

My understanding of the Putco unit is you remove the existing vent and install the Putco unit. It has 3M automotive peel and stick tape.

The handles could be a cool alternative...dumb question but how are they installed?

I do know my H3 hasn't had the recall work performed on the vent.
Archngel
CHC Trail SuperGuide

Post by Archngel »

The handles are bolted on, you have to drill to install.
<p class="bbc_center">Wake up , it's off road time.

White 10 H3 Alpha, Black on White, Adventure, Toyo Open Country MT 315/75-16,

Front and Rear lockers, Under Body Armor, Rocker Protector, T-Max12000, Gobi Stealth Rack
<p class="bbc_center">White 08 H2 SUT Luxury on BF K02 AT 37x12.50R17 with Rancho 9000 serie
<p class="bbc_center">the rest is on the works